Sharing the love of food and trying new recipes...

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Rhubarb-almond cake





It's April and rhubarb season again! One of my favorite fruits in desserts. Technically rhubarb is classified as vegetable but most people eat it as fruit in desserts :-) Rhubarb is one of the only seasonal fruits in Switzerland in April-May so I thought I would bake a cake with my freshly-bought rhubarb.

Last year I made rhubarb-walnut muffins and a rhubarb crumble tart so I wanted to make an easy cake for coffee. I read a few recipes of rhubarb and almond cakes so I combined them to my taste and found that the recipe below is easy and very good! If you like rhubarb, almond and a pinch of cinnamon, this cake is for you!

Recipe for a rhubarb-almond cake

150 g butter, room T
150 g brown sugar
2 eggs
100 g flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 dl milk
200 g ground almonds
400-500 g rhubarb chunks
some sliced almonds



Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one by one. Add flour and baking powder, mix. Add cinnamon, almonds, milk and mix roughly. Spread 1/2 of the dough in a prepared springform. Place 1/2 of the rhubarb chunks (2cm pieces) on it. Cover with other 1/2 of dough and press second 1/2 of rhubarb on top. Sprinkle some brown sugar and sliced almonds on top of the cake. Bake 55-60 min at 180 C.

No comments:

Post a Comment