Sharing the love of food and trying new recipes...

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Update - recipes and practice

Since the past month, I have updated a few posts with new pics and recipe details on Laura's Gourmandises including:

- semlor (almond and cream filled buns)
- carrot cake
- dark chocolate mousse
- apple cake

Semlor
Carrot cake
Dark chocolate mousse
Apple cake
 

I have added new basics recipes (marzipan, pistachio paste), and have also linked related recipes to each other such as:
- toscakaka, midsummer strawberry cake and chocolate chip cake
- blueberry, rhubarb-walnut, banana-oatmeal and chocolate chip muffins
- marzipan and kanelbullar
Marzipan
Kanelbullar

- pistachio paste and apricot-pistachio tart
http://laurasgourmandises.blogspot.ch/2014/07/pistachio-paste.html
Pistachio paste
Apricot-pistachio tart


Also, in the next few weeks I will take some time to practice certain techniques I learned at the Cours de Pâtisserie chez Benoît Violier at the Hôtel de Ville in Crissier (3-star Michelin gastronomic restaurant outside Lausanne). I received this pastry class as gift from my friends and enjoyed it a lot. Not only did I learn how to make pâte à choux and chouquettes, macarons, lemon tart, financier and ganache, but I also discovered a professional kitchen, how organized and precisely cooks work there and the superior quality of the ingredients and products used and served there. It was a great and inspiring experience!

Laura's "sablé, blanc manger et fraises guariguette" chez Benoît Violier

No comments:

Post a Comment